Base Commerce is a family-centric company where we’re committed to helping each of our team members grow and thrive, both professionally and personally. We take pride in our collaborative accomplishments. That’s why you won’t find any departmental “silos” here, because we know from experience that the most effective solutions incorporate a wide range of experiences and perspectives. Instead, we build bridges and invite everyone to take an active role in our long-term success.
What we're looking for
Committed to Shared Success
Are you smart, hardworking, eager to learn, and ready to contribute?
If so, we might have the perfect position for you. We have the best technology in the business, but it’s our people that make us an industry leader. By training, supporting, and encouraging our team members to continually challenge themselves, we’ve created a win-win environment where personal growth equals company success.
If you’re ready for a career with unlimited potential, we encourage you to review our list of open positions.
Life at Base Commerce
- Fun, driven, bright staff who genuinely care about your success
- Cartel Cold Brew coffee (a hot coffee brewer, too)
- A kitchen stocked full of snacks and beverages to enjoy
- Catered lunches every Friday
- Work-life balance
- Lasting friendships
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance packages
- 401(K) plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education and training opportunities
Base Commerce, LLC is seeking a Full Stack .NET Developer. We are a banking company in Phoenix, Arizona specializing in the eCheck Payments industry. Our ideal candidate will be working in-house at our Phoenix office in a small team supporting our ACH platform, building reports, updating the database, fixing bugs, increasing the functionality of our processing API, and updating legacy components with new technology.
- Understanding our main processing platform and working on the internal logic of the database
- Updating the processing API, producing testable and repeatable results
- Documenting your changes
- Participating in code reviews, bug tracking, and feature management
- Working with our relationship managers, understanding their requirements, and translating that into an accomplishable project
- Taking on special projects and working on our automation of processes
- Converting existing modules into MicroService oriented projects
- Monitoring production and including metrics in production code for in-depth monitoring
- Experience with the windows server stack
- Experience with SQL (any RDMS platform) 7+ years
- Ability to articulate and write
- C#/.NET Programming experience 7+ years
- Able to work with a reporting platform
- Database optimization
- Experience with Web Services, RESTful APIs, and CGI style web interfaces
- Understanding of MicroServices
- Background in Financial Services
- Understanding of accounting
- Git Source Control
- Production monitoring experience
Base Commerce, LLC is seeking an Application Processor for the Underwriting Department to work in office at their Tempe, AZ location. If you are self-motivated, reliable, and have excellent attention to detail and communication skills, then we would like to hear from you!
Director of Underwriting
- Processes merchant application packages from external and internal sales channels.
- Handles a high-volume of auto-board merchants and processes validation reviews on account data.
- Performs data entry, tracking, and follow-up on all new merchant applications with exemplary attention to detail.
- Uses refined prioritization skills to perform necessary follow-up on pending application packages.
- Meets minimum production requirements for assigned work and multitask.
- Uses available resources and follows outlined procedures to conduct validation checks and mitigate potential risk on merchant accounts.
- Assists Merchants or Partners throughout the submission process, either with verbal or written communication, in a professional manner and communicates effectively.
- Any other duties or special projects as assigned.
- A top performer with a proven track record of success.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an office environment.
- Computer literate with extensive knowledge on using the internet and proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of products and services.
- Proven problem solver and decision maker.
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment
- Self-starter with outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under a deadline.
- Punctual, reliable, and professional with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Efficiently able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of BSA, AML, KYC, KYCC, and OFAC is considered a plus.
Base Commerce, LLC is seeking a Senior Merchant Account Underwriter to work out of its office in Tempe, AZ. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a drive to identify, develop, and improve process workflow with the idea of betterment for the business and customer.
Director of Underwriting
- Use available resources to research, identify, or mitigate potential risk with existing and future merchant accounts, following appropriate policies and guidelines to mitigate overall financial and reputational risk exposures to our company and sponsor bank(s).
- Handle incoming requests from sponsoring bank(s) regarding underwriting reviews for new and existing merchants as the Bank Liaison.
- Handle communication, written and verbal, concerning internal and external requests regarding issues throughout the underwriting process in a professional manner.
- Mentor and guide less-experienced underwriters within the organization.
- Identify process gaps and assist with developing and implementing process improvements in the review and underwriting process.
- Utilize skills in problem identification, research and analysis, and resolution to accomplish duties.
- Process underwriting reviews on merchants using a variety of underwriting tools to gather information required to make a comprehensive assessment of creditworthiness and risk mitigation.
- Complete periodic reviews of existing merchant accounts for assurance of continued compliance and to identifying potential risk.
- Any other duties or special projects as assigned.
- 7+ years of formal payments underwriting or risk experience in a financial or credit card processing environment.
- Strong analytical skill - must be able to analyze complex data, draw meaningful conclusion, and make holistic business recommendations.
- At a minimum, an extensive knowledge of FCRA, KYC, AML and BSA Regulations.
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with Teammates and Management.
- Strong collaboration skills, and the ability to build rapport with members of other departments.
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC-based internet and software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Extensive knowledge of merchant processing, particularly risk and operational processes.
What our team members say
Base Commerce is my second family – I come to work every day excited to learn, work alongside an incredible team, and feel valued for what I do.
I like the fact that the projects I work on have a measurable impact on the company's ability to grow.
Management is great to work with, and you feel like you are valued for what you do. Here, you are not just another number, but an important member of the team.