Base Commerce is a family-centric company where we’re committed to helping each of our team members grow and thrive, both professionally and personally. We take pride in our collaborative accomplishments. That’s why you won’t find any departmental “silos” here, because we know from experience that the most effective solutions incorporate a wide range of experiences and perspectives. Instead, we build bridges and invite everyone to take an active role in our long-term success.
What we're looking for
Committed to Shared Success
Are you smart, hardworking, eager to learn, and ready to contribute?
If so, we might have the perfect position for you. We have the best technology in the business, but it’s our people that make us an industry leader. By training, supporting, and encouraging our team members to continually challenge themselves, we’ve created a win-win environment where personal growth equals company success.
If you’re ready for a career with unlimited potential, we encourage you to review our list of open positions.
Life at Base Commerce
- Fun, driven, bright staff who genuinely care about your success
- Cartel Cold Brew coffee (a hot coffee brewer, too)
- A kitchen stocked full of snacks and beverages to enjoy
- Catered lunches every Friday
- Work-life balance
- Lasting friendships
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance packages
- 401(K) plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education and training opportunities
Base Commerce, LLC is seeking a Merchant Underwriting Specialist to work out of its office in Tempe, AZ. We are looking to fill this exciting opportunity with the right individual that can contribute payments industry expertise. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a drive to identify, develop, and improve process workflow with the idea of betterment for the business and customer.
Director of Underwriting
- Underwrite Merchant Account Applications within a specified SLA requirement for payment processing approval.
- Conduct detailed credit and risk analysis of customers applying for merchant accounts and determine creditworthiness.
- Complete periodic reviews of existing merchant accounts to ensure continued compliance and to identifying potential risk.
- Communicate with Merchants or Sales Partners throughout the underwriting process by email or phone in an effective professional manner.
- Prepare a detailed, written summary based on analysis of applicant information in accordance with the department procedures.
- Assist with department reporting, creating, and updating procedures and the prioritization of the departments pipeline.
- Work in a team atmosphere with other departments to ensure accounts are underwritten, and communication for pending requests are clear and handled in a timely manner.
- Any other duties or special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years of formal payments underwriting or risk experience in a financial, banking, or credit card processing environment.
- Strong analytical skill - must be able to analyze complex data, draw meaningful conclusion, and make holistic business recommendations.
- At a minimum, an understanding of FCRA, KYC, AML and BSA Regulations.
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with Teammates and Management.
- Strong collaboration skills, and the ability to build rapport with members of other departments.
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC-based internet and software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Familiarity with merchant processing, particularly risk and operational processes.
Base Commerce LLC is seeking a National Sales Director to work out of its office in Jacksonville, Florida. We are looking to fill this exciting opportunity with the right individual who can contribute deep industry expertise & leadership skills. As a senior member of the Sales team, the National Sales Director is an individual contributor responsible for achieving sales and/or profitability objectives, typically from large, marquee, or enterprise new clients or accounts. The National Sales Director identifies marketplace opportunities, prospects and engages new clients, develops proposals, and manages the contract process.
Chief Sales Officer
- Achieves all assigned sales goals and meets all minimum standards for performance
- Identifies new major opportunities for client/partner growth in the marketplace
- Prospects and develops new client relationships in assigned markets
- Develops professional proposals and delivers sales presentations
- Maintains a dynamic personal sales plan
- Develops a strong opportunity pipeline and tracks opportunity data with approved CRM
- Participates in industry trade shows and conferences as directed
- Participates in special projects and major account acquisition
- Provides feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation
- Conducts all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and is a responsible representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conducts any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in relative industry
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Adept at advanced problem solving
- Excellent communication skills verbal and in writing
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent attention to detail, strong investigative skills, and exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under a deadline
- Reliable and professional with a positive, helpful attitude
What our team members say
Base Commerce is my second family – I come to work every day excited to learn, work alongside an incredible team, and feel valued for what I do.
I like the fact that the projects I work on have a measurable impact on the company's ability to grow.
Management is great to work with, and you feel like you are valued for what you do. Here, you are not just another number, but an important member of the team.