Base Commerce is a family-centric company where we’re committed to helping each of our team members grow and thrive, both professionally and personally. We take pride in our collaborative accomplishments. That’s why you won’t find any departmental “silos” here, because we know from experience that the most effective solutions incorporate a wide range of experiences and perspectives. Instead, we build bridges and invite everyone to take an active role in our long-term success.
What we're looking for
Committed to Shared Success
Are you smart, hardworking, eager to learn, and ready to contribute?
If so, we might have the perfect position for you. We have the best technology in the business, but it’s our people that make us an industry leader. By training, supporting, and encouraging our team members to continually challenge themselves, we’ve created a win-win environment where personal growth equals company success.
If you’re ready for a career with unlimited potential, we encourage you to review our list of open positions.
Life at Base Commerce
- Fun, driven, bright staff who genuinely care about your success
- Cartel Cold Brew coffee (a hot coffee brewer, too)
- A kitchen stocked full of snacks and beverages to enjoy
- Catered lunches every Friday
- Work-life balance
- Lasting friendships
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance packages
- 401(K) plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education and training opportunities
Base Commerce, LLC is seeking an Application Processor for the Sales department to work in office at their Jacksonville, Florida location. If you are self-motivated, reliable, and have excellent attention to detail and communication skills, then we would like to hear from you!
Director of Sales Operations
- Processes merchant application packages from external and internal sales channels.
- Handles a high-volume of auto-board merchants and processes validation reviews on account data.
- Performs data entry, tracking, and follow-up on all new merchant applications with exemplary attention to detail.
- Uses refined prioritization skills to perform necessary follow-up on pending application packages.
- Meets minimum production requirements for assigned work and multitask.
- Uses available resources and follows outlined procedures to conduct validation checks and mitigate potential risk on merchant accounts.
- Assists Merchants or Partners throughout the submission process, either with verbal or written communication, in a professional manner and communicates effectively.
- Any other duties or special projects as assigned.
- A top performer with a proven track record of success.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an office environment.
- Computer literate with extensive knowledge on using the internet and proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of products and services.
- Proven problem solver and decision maker.
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment
- Self-starter with outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under a deadline.
- Punctual, reliable, and professional with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Efficiently able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of BSA, AML, KYC, KYCC, and OFAC is considered a plus.
Base Commerce, LLC is seeking a Senior Merchant Account Underwriter to work out of its office in Tempe, AZ. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a drive to identify, develop, and improve process workflow with the idea of betterment for the business and customer.
Director of Underwriting
- Use available resources to research, identify, or mitigate potential risk with existing and future merchant accounts, following appropriate policies and guidelines to mitigate overall financial and reputational risk exposures to our company and sponsor bank(s).
- Handle incoming requests from sponsoring bank(s) regarding underwriting reviews for new and existing merchants as the Bank Liaison.
- Handle communication, written and verbal, concerning internal and external requests regarding issues throughout the underwriting process in a professional manner.
- Mentor and guide less-experienced underwriters within the organization.
- Identify process gaps and assist with developing and implementing process improvements in the review and underwriting process.
- Utilize skills in problem identification, research and analysis, and resolution to accomplish duties.
- Process underwriting reviews on merchants using a variety of underwriting tools to gather information required to make a comprehensive assessment of creditworthiness and risk mitigation.
- Complete periodic reviews of existing merchant accounts for assurance of continued compliance and to identifying potential risk.
- Any other duties or special projects as assigned.
- 7+ years of formal payments underwriting or risk experience in a financial or credit card processing environment.
- Strong analytical skill - must be able to analyze complex data, draw meaningful conclusion, and make holistic business recommendations.
- At a minimum, an extensive knowledge of FCRA, KYC, AML and BSA Regulations.
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with Teammates and Management.
- Strong collaboration skills, and the ability to build rapport with members of other departments.
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC-based internet and software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Extensive knowledge of merchant processing, particularly risk and operational processes.
Base Commerce, LLC is seeking a Boarding Specialist to work out of its office in Tempe, AZ. We are looking to fill this exciting opportunity with the right individual who can contribute deep industry expertise and leadership skills. The Boarding Specialist is primarily responsible for the timely and high-quality data entry of client information into the company's boarding systems. An expert of relevant systems, the Boarding Specialist is responsible for the daily operations of the data entry functions that include execution of new merchant account configuration and maintenance. This entry-level position will liaise with customer service, underwriting, relationship management, and development to ensure the merchant onboarding experience is seamless and proficient.
- Primarily responsible for the setup and management of new and existing merchant configurations
- Comprehensive understanding of all systems related to merchant account configuring
- Strategically manages and updates merchant records
- Provides customer service to merchants and/or partners regarding their account configuration and applicable systems
- Works closely with other departments to ensure merchant accounts are compliant and properly processing
- Possess an understanding of payments processing, regulations and processes, and uses this knowledge in relevance to merchant account configuring
- Ensures department procedures and documents are current by assisting with the creation and maintenance of data entry process documentation
- Provides backup support to customer service representatives
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent attention to detail, strong investigative skills, and exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under a deadline
- Reliable and professional with a positive, helpful attitude
- Efficiently multi-task, prioritize, and resolve complex problems with minimal guidance
- Comfortable working both within a team and independently
- Comfortable on the phone talking to customers
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and Adobe
What our team members say
Base Commerce is my second family – I come to work every day excited to learn, work alongside an incredible team, and feel valued for what I do.
I like the fact that the projects I work on have a measurable impact on the company's ability to grow.
Management is great to work with, and you feel like you are valued for what you do. Here, you are not just another number, but an important member of the team.